Next Project: Space Opera Trilogy

 Having just published The Sundered Circle, a fast-paced fantasy novel, I'm interested in trying something new. 

It's time to write my Space Opera Trilogy.

At least, I'm pretty sure it's a trilogy. It's been presenting itself in my head as an arc that follows three books, but ultimately, the universe that arc plays out in is vast enough that it could hold a hundred books.


Notes have been written, reference has been collected, and I've built a three dimensional model of the spaceship that the first book mainly takes place in. Sorry, no pictures of the ship: the ship is still a prototype, and the 3d model is built in Minecraft. Minecraft is a surprisingly useful tool for making locations in your writing worlds, especially the kind of locations that aren't represented well in two dimensions.

In a far future post we can take a tour, but not until at least the first book is published and I have fully explored the ship myself. 

The thing I think I am going to write is not always the thing that ends up coming out. I will say that this series will end up being much more of a soft Space Opera rather than Hard SF. It might end up even being more of a Space Fantasy: I always did like (original!) Star Wars more than Alien or The Expanse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sundered Circle: Going Live Today

Small Good Things Are Better