The Sundered Circle: Going Live Today

Today I slapped a book blurb out of my keyboard. It was actually pretty easy compared to some things I've written. Could be because I've had enough practice to make this kinda thing a little easier than it used to be, could be because I've been deep in this book for long enough to know what it's about (which actually isn't always the case for me), could be because the story is solid. 

Here's the current version of the blurb. 


"One more job in the rotting riverside city of Aventine, and then the independent mercenary Cyrus Bladetalker and his teleporting dog can retire young and rich. The job: Bladetalk with one sword. Get the story hidden in the steel, tell it to the royal family, collect payment, and get out of Aventine before everything goes to hell.

Easy, right?

What seems like a simple job quickly turns into an unraveling nightmare: the blade is cursed, and the cursemakers are more than willing to kill him -- or worse -- in order to keep their hideous secrets. And Cyrus' grim past, which he thought he lost years ago, is catching up with him.

But Cyrus' know-when-to-quit broke long before this job, and no number of venomous banebeasts, steelbound demons, dock thugs, cursemaker assassins, or siren sorceresses will get him to give up the chase.

The Sundered Circle is a fast-paced nobledark fantasy adventure novel. "


It could be different in future versions: if it can be improved, I'm down to improve it. But I'm also of the opinion that the imperfect thing, published, is better than the mythical perfect thing, which can never be published because perfect isn't real.



Excellent cover portrait by my dude Slava. Find him at https://www.artstation.com/dunro. He's capable and professional, and I hope he starts charging more, because he gave me a really good deal on such a well-worked portrait. I did the rest of the cover myself using GIMP, and I'm reasonably pleased with how it turned out. 

Buy this book on Amazon, and eventually other places too. It's one of the fastest-paced things I've ever written, and I'm feeling pretty good with how it turned out. 

On to the next book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Good Things Are Better